Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

















Welcome to 2009 from the Ivy Leaf Tea Parlor! As I sit here sipping my Coconut Dream tea-(delish!!) I was reminiscing about my year with regards to tea. This was my first year blogging for the Ivy Leaf. I started in May, and it has been such a fun, rewarding pleasure for me. I absolutely adore tea and all the aspects of it. I have learned soo much and I hope to learn a lot more. Secondly, I love the ladies at the Ivy Leaf-Elaine and Robin. They are the best! My Teasday excursions there are the highlights of my week. We have such sweet fellowship together in the kitchen sipping tea and tasting Robin's baked goods. We have had times of sadness, like when I was so worried about my sister who was sick. Elaine and Robin held my hands and we prayed for her together. She is now on the road to recovery and I know times like those helped her. There are happy times too where we laugh and just enjoy the day. The Ivy Leaf is the special place I take my girlfriends, mom and sisters for any occasion, or just to show them a wonderful time and have "girl-time". It holds a special place in my heart because it's the place both my sisters and I went to have one last tea before they moved away. The Ivy Leaf is a unique place that once you discover it's charm, it never leaves you. You look for reasons to visit again.
Another highlight in my year was getting to go the the Jane Austen Regency Tearoom in Bath, England. My husband ordered us a pot of the Jane Austen blend. He thought it only fitting. It was perfect and I loved every minute there.
It was a special year and I look forward to posting all about tea and the Ivy Leaf. The Teasday trivia has been a lot of fun. So, here's the very last Teasday trivia question of 2008!


What vitamin in tea actually is known to make people less sensitive to noise and clamor?


The Chinese say: "He who drinks tea forgets the noise and unrest of daily life."
It's always with a little sadness but a sense of renewed purpose that I watch one year slip into a new one. I think about the things I didn't accomplish that I wanted to and I always without fail write out my resolutions for the new year. Maybe the time for the things we wanted to do, but didn't, will come exactly when they were supposed to.

I wish for you all a happy, joyful and most of all, blessed New Year!

Warm hugs~

Lori
III John 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in! It has been a while since you last posted. I sincerely pray that all is well... ;-)

Now for this question (even thought this contest is over, but what a great challenge to wake my brain up)... YIKES! I'd have to guess: B5, B6, B12, D, MAGNESIUM (that's a mineral, huh)... Okay, I'm stumped!